About Me

My photo
Southaven, MS
Saving money is what everyone is trying to do these days and I have found ways to save money with coupons. I have discovered by reading blogs and facebook posts on how to maximize your coupons that you clip. Follow me and I'll help you save money. I always say "It's not about what you spend, it's about what you save!"

Friday, August 27, 2010

Stacking Coupons

Stacking coupons is when you have a mfg coupon and a store coupon.  When you go to the store and have both of these coupons, always give the cashier all of your mfg coupon first, then the store coupons.  For example if you have a mfg coupon for peanut butter (not using brand names) for 75 cents and a store coupon for the same brand of peanut butter for 50 cents it will deduct $1.25 from your purchase.  I try to match up my store coupons with my mfg coupons to maximize my savings.  Another good tip is to make sure you get credit for all of your coupons, there is no way I have time to add them all up before I get to the check out, but I make sure I have all my items on the counter and even if it means the cashier has to wait a minute, I watch as each one of my coupons is scanned.  Another way is to hand the coupons over to the cashier one at a time.  Just don't get distracted and let them miss one or two of them, it's easy to get distracted, that's why I was thankful when my granddaughter went back to school, now my full attention is on my purchases.
Hope this helps.

2 comments:

baseball boys said...

OK, I understand that. Do you find many "store" coupons for groceries? The only grocery store we have around here is Kroger & Wal-Mart. I do not like Wal-Mart so I generally go to Kroger. Kroger from time to time sends me "store" coupons but not often. Do you find store coupons more at places like Walgreens?

Saving with CC said...

I don't find many printed Kroger coupons, but right now there are over $150 coupons you can load to your Loyalty card right now at kroger.com. If you sign up for Walgreen's emails, you will get a preview of the next weeks ad and sometimes they will send you bonus coupons. Rite-Aid right now offers coupons for their store just by watching videos, the plus side of this is that if you watch 20 videos you can get a $5 off $20 purchase. If you get this coupon, present it to the cashier first, right off the bat you have saved $5 plus whatever coupons you have. Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Dollar General and SavALot have store coupons. Hope this helps.