About Me

My photo
Southaven, MS
Saving money is what everyone is trying to do these days and I have found ways to save money with coupons. I have discovered by reading blogs and facebook posts on how to maximize your coupons that you clip. Follow me and I'll help you save money. I always say "It's not about what you spend, it's about what you save!"

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Christmas Shopping

I want to let everyone know how I bought some of my Christmas for almost nothing and sometimes for nothing! 


Tonight I went online and because I am a member of JCP Rewards offered by JC Penney I get $10 each month to spend.  If you have it shipped to your store then there is no shipping charge.  I got a pair of flannel jammy bottoms for Addy priced at $7.99 but I didn't pay a penny for them. 

On Friday ING Direct was offering to give a child $25 for a savings account if they were a new customer and all I had to do was deposit 50 cents (I deposited $1), so Addy now has a savings account with $26.

I joined RueLaLa.com  in October and for joining they gave me $20 credit, so I watched their site and found a pair of Sperry rainboots for Addy selling for $18, I had to pay the $5.95 shipping left over after applying my credit, but I got a GOOD pair of boots for the shipping cost.

I also joined a website called OneKingsLane.com and they gave me a $15 credit for joining, I jumped too soon and ordered some Wassail mix for Christmas, wish I had waited because now all of the Christmas presents are going on sale.

I am sitting and waiting to find something really neat for the $25 that thefoundary.com gave me and I will redeem it and probably pay less than $5 for shipping.  It really depends on what I buy. 

Websites are giving people credit just to get their business so if you see that I have joined some group, then most likely they have given me credit to purchase something.

I also got two nice pair of earrings from darcustori.com and all I paid was the shipping cost.  There is another site called tanga.com and they also have items for free, you just pay shipping cost.  At Tanga you can only get one item for free per shipping cost, but the shipping cost is $4.95 or so.  I found several rings that were free and can't decide which one I want to get.

These sites have daily offerings like groupon.com.  They don't have the same thing everyday, their stock changes every day or two.

Also if you join Office Max they will send you coupons for dollars off a certain amount of purchase.  They sent me one for $25 off $75 and I found an item  for $89 for a Christmas present and used my coupon.  These coupons really help because you all know I am on a limited budget.

If you decide to join any of the above websites you can get a link and if your friends join and purchase after you have joined using your link you will get credit.

I also found a chain of stores that are mostly in MS called Dirt Cheap and if you don't mind digging you can find tons of things to find.  I found over $150 worth of name brand toys on sale there and paid $15 for all of it.  Their stock changes constantly and when they get ready to get new stock in they put what has been their longest on 90% off.  You can google them and their website will pop up and give you the locations.

Also, if you don't mind spending a little time you can find a bargain almost anywhere. I get a lot of my Christmas decorations from Goodwill, you would be surprised what people will donate.  This year, for instance, I found 4 Pottery Barn Reindeer mugs for 99 cents each.  I find my whimsical serving dishes for my Christmas party at Goodwill and Salvation Army.  I have been shopping these stores for over 30 years.  I also find a lot of Hallmark items there.  There is no shame in shopping these stores.  I have even found tons of brand name clothes there.

If you have any questions, just ask me and I will try to help.

Also, I have some pretty exciting news to share with you in the near future, so stay tuned.

No comments: